Sunday, May 10, 2015

Unhappy Mother's Day

Slept for a whole 3 or so hours, but had to get up to go to our son-in-law's house to wait for our daughter to call, since she had no idea what was going on. We waited a couple of hours, but she never called, I guess she got into trouble for giving herself a tattoo & lost her phone privileges for the week.

We met Dawn, Jodee & Chris at the Diner and had breakfast. It was very hard for us, that was Erin's favorite place to eat & we went there with him often. I had his favorite breakfast & had coffee for him, too. After that, we headed out to my parent's house, since we hadn't seen them yet.

We visited awhile, discussed what we thought may have happened, what we were going to do, how we were going to pay for it all (a friend started a GoFundMe for us) and when the memorial would be.. then my brother & his fiancee showed up, and it all had to be said again. The future sister-in-law thought I should care more about the cause of death than  did at the time, she didn't understand that it didn't matter - knowing wouldn't bring him back, but I eventually just shut my mouth & let her believe she had won.

We went back to Dawn's, had some dinner (I think?) and went to bed after she left for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment