Monday, June 22, 2015

Late

I'm posting later than usual, I was too busy & hot during the daylight hours to think, let alone process my thoughts. I worked in our bedroom today so that I could have some space to work on my planner & get ready for my day. It was already getting hot up here by 8am, so doing it at noon wasn't one of my best ideas.

I got the room cleaned & mostly organized, for the first time since you died, and I listened to my Old Crow Medicine Show station on Pandora while I did it. I didn't cry when Foggy Mountain Breakdown came on. I didn't cry when Shady Grove came on. Wagon Wheel didn't play, which is going to make me cry for the rest of my days. I hung a picture of you, Kassy & Bella on the wall by our desk, so I can look up & see you happy & smiling with your ladies, dressed up & looking handsome.

I wish you hadn't been in such a hurry to leave us all. I wish you'd have hung around awhile longer, but at least you will never have to know this kind of pain personally, the loss of someone you've spent so many years of your life with.


No comments:

Post a Comment